Bodegas Coviñas, a wine cooperative of wine cooperatives, brings together 10 wine cooperatives from the area of Utiel-Requena, and we are firmly committed to implementing standards that go beyond mere market requirements. Our undertaking starts with the tending of our vines, and results in each and every one of our bottles bearing the mark of an entire team focused on maximum quality; for these reasons, our policy is based on:
1. Rigorous control on the part of the Bodegas Coviñas technical team, profitably harmonizing, optimizing and respecting both the product and the environment.
2. The commitment that Bodegas Coviñas has with its associate cooperatives to create a winemaking protocol to centralize the Group Policy on Quality, from vineyard to bottle, in order to produce more competitive and higher quality wines that in turn profit all members of the group, from Coviñas to the winegrowers, ensuring that the latter receive fair and equitable payment.
3. The focus on innovation and technology alongside the traditions and culture of a land that brings together its own native grape varieties and a particular way of working that gives us a special character, which we want to highlight, giving more prominence to our top grape variety in the wine we bottle, just as we proudly display the logo of our “Denominación de Origen” (Protected Denomination of Origin) protecting and promoting our territory, working to produce wines with greater added value that add to the Group’s reputation day by day, and making our brands and labels ever stronger across all markets.
4. Training and motivating all the human resources of the Coviñas Group, from senior management to the most junior winery worker, working on constant improvement at all levels, covering safety, quality and staff career development, giving special priority to in-house promotion of our personnel, alongside the technical and health training and development of the staff of our member cooperatives.
5. A commitment to constant improvement, to preventing diseases, to careful use of energy, so as to reduce the environmental footprint of our work and our products, following both the required legal framework and the additional voluntary standards adopted by the organization in order to benefit the community.
6. Fulfilling all the requirements of the Global Standard for Food Safety, along with all legal norms and our Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP), so that our products maintain optimum Food Safety, thus benefitting the health and the nutrition of our customers across different markets; the Winery’s Quality Standard commitment is ensured by particular emphasis on strengthening and promoting our HACCP at its core, while adding further quality control systems to our day to day processes, particularly with regard to enhancing the respect for and nurturing of the environment.
7. Following the development of our products, with the aim of monitoring them and optimizing traceability, while improving quality; so that the confidence of our clients in us is reinforced by our own confidence in ourselves.
8. Bodegas Coviñas accepting the challenge of the concept of “Corporate Social Responsibility”, whereby the company voluntarily takes on board the social, ethical and environmental impacts of its activities.
9. That the whole Bodegas Coviñas team will be closely involved in the process towards achieving our Total Quality commitment, and so continue increasing our portfolio of national and international clients.
10. Finally, we include, and extend to our member cooperatives, the 3 pillars at our core. Our 3 essential corporate values are:
Commitment to improving farm workers’ livelihoods.
Long-term clients are our future.
Working towards the future.
At Bodegas Coviñas, through our Quality and Food Safety Policy, we not only seek to produce and sell wine, we are also committed to the Quality, Legality and Safety of our products, the training and career paths of our Workforce, the satisfaction and wellbeing of our Clients and Consumers, and an overall awareness of and respect for sustainability and the Environment.
Requena, 21 February 2019
Board of Management